IWSM-MENSURA September 19-20, 2018, Beijing
Venue: Beijing National Convention Center
Call for participation: Plenary Talks (1 hour), Short Talks (30 minutes), Tutorials
We solicit proposalsfrom experienced industry practitioners and researchers with COSMIC expertise and experience in the usage of COSMIC. The main goal is to share experiences, challenges and solution approaches to facilitate technology transfers from best estimation-related practices developed by researchers and world industry experts.
THEME & SCOPE: COSMIC Function Points: Fundamentals for Software Effort Estimation
- COSMIC usage in industry across the world, and the harvesting of the related benefits.
- COSMIC Measurement best practices
- State of the art on COSMIC research achievements & technology transfers
- Estimation improvements through COSMIC usage
- Automation of COSMIC from source code
- Automation of COSMIC from requirements
- Earned-value management with COSMIC
- How to implement COSMIC in Agile environments
- Software Measurements Programs: Industry Experience report
- Decision support systems based on software measurement
- Visualizations and dashboards
Software and IT measurement are keys for successfully managing and estimating software development projects: sound measurement techniques, such as COSMIC Function Points, are essential for business and engineering: they enrich technical knowledge regarding the practice of software development estimation, as well as empirical research in software estimation.
Submissions: Proposals of Plenary Talks, Short Talks and Tutorial must include a Title, a max of 1 page and a short bio, and must be submitted to one of the program co-chairs.
At least one among the authors of each Talk submission accepted must register for the conference and commit to their presentation. Accepted & presented talks (Papers and-or Powerpoints) will be posted on the conference website for post-conference public access.
Plenary Talks – Short Talks -Tutorial submissions before: May 1st, 2018
Notification of acceptance/rejection: June 1, 2018
Final version: September 1, 2018
CONTACT INFORMATION – Program co-Chairs
- Participants to the IWSM-MENSURA are invited to attend the Chinese national ‘Cost Measurement Conference’ on September 18, at the same venue.
- SPI-China will host a post-conference 1-day tour of Beijing (free activity).